How To: “Fix Google Play Services Has Stopped” Error
The Google Play services are not working appropriately, that is why we can have your presence. We are glad to have a chance to serve you and help you out in this situation. If you are having trouble with the Google Play services, here are some of the ways in which you can solve these errors and work properly.
Primary cause of the problem
Before jumping onto the conclusion, we would like to discuss how this problem must have occurred. One must know why this error is coming in your Google Play account. One of the reasons could be that your Google Play services are not updated. Also, there could be a situation where mistakenly you have disabled your Google Play service.
Methods to fix the problem in Google play service
Update your application
One of the major reasons for this error to occur is that your App must not be updated. It has become outdated and therefore, it is not able to work properly. In order to avoid this problem you have to get an updated version of the Google Play service. In order to update your version of the app, you will have to follow the given steps:
- go to your Play Store
- Now open the my apps and games option
- In the list of your apps you will locate Google Play service app
- Right there in front of you will find a update option.
- Your App will start to update automatically on your device
This is a mandatory step that one has to take when one gets the message that your Google Play service app has stopped.
Setting the date and time of the device
There is an error “unfortunately Google Play services has stopped cm13” which occurs because of the fact that the date and time of your system are not appropriately set. So the final solution to this problem is that you have to set the date and time properly.
- Go to your setting in device
- Find out date and time and fix it
Reinstalling the app
This sounds a little cumbersome but it is not so. If you are Google Play service is not working properly you can consider reinstalling the app. In order to install the app you have to follow the steps given below:
- Go to settings of your device
- Select security
- In the security, select device administrator and deactivate the Android device manager
- Now go to the application manager in your device
- Select the Google Play services and hit the uninstall updates option
- After you are done with uninstalling the updates of Google Play. Activate the Android device manager.
- Now some of the apps which rely on the Google Play services will give a notification to update the application.
- Follow the notification and get the updated version of the Google Play in your device.
Clearing all the Google Play service cache
This might not be the ultimate solution to the problem but this method can be worked out when nothing else helps. Removing the app cache will remove the error that is interrupting the free working of the device. The process of removing the cache is given below:
- Open the settings of your device
- In the device category, select apps
- Find out the Google Play service app and click on it.
- the process for lollipop Android version and Marshmallow Android version are different from each other.
- For lollipop, click on the Google Play app and you will find an option clear cache. Click on the option and it will remove all the cache of the app.
- In case of Marshmallow, click on the Google Play app. Go to the storage and then click the clear cache option. This will help you get rid of all the catch and remove the error as well.
- If the problem is still not removed, you can now click the clear data button. This will help you remove all the Google Play app data. After clearing all the data, the apple look like that it is starting for the first time.
Now try to open the app, it will be working and the error would have vanished.
Re-reading the Google account
If all of the methods have not been very useful still now, you can use this one. This is another method which involves removal of your Google account and Re-adding it again. For this, the steps are as follows:
- Go for the settings of your device
- Find out the accounts and click on it
- You will find out your Google account here as well
- Click on your email ID
- In the right corner of the screen, you will find out a menu button. You have to click on it.
- Tap on the option which says remove account.
- It will remove the Google account from your system
- Now the next step is to add your Google account again in your device
- Go to settings again and click on the accounts
- Click on the add account option.
- Fill in your email id and password of your Google account and save it.
If this process has been successfully done, the error of the Google Play service must have fixed by now.
Resetting the device to the factory version
This must be done if all the methods given above are all fruitless. This must be the last option for your rescue. Use this option in the most hopeless situation because it leads to loss of data as well. In order to reset your device follow these steps:
- Go to the settings of your device
- Find the backup and reset option and click on it
- You will find out an option which is called factory data reset. Click on this and you will find out that your device has been reset to the factory version.
After finishing this procedure, your device will automatically restart itself. You have to start from the beginning now. Make sure before doing this, you make a full backup of your data. Resetting clear all the information from the phone memory and therefore, it could lead to a great loss of data as well. Keeping up the backup data is a must.
We hope that all of these methods help you to solve the problem of the Google Play service in your device. All these are a fool proof way of solving the error. We hope that you all find this very helpful and effective. Thank you for landing up on our blog.